On Thursday the 22nd of February, the form 5’s and 6’s had their own internal Lent Retreat. The girls were extremely shocked at this; as not only were all classes for the day cancelled; but no mention of this happening was made known to them until the the morning of the retreat. At first; they were so delighted to skip class; but then horror struck them as they were told it was a day without cellphones, followed by the cellphones being taken away. (Insert heartache here). However, the girls did appreciate and enjoy the day of reflection and prayer.
Between morning and lunch; and the girls were split into their form classes and 3 guest speakers rotated to each form for during this allotted time.
The 1st speaker was Mrs. Sarah-Lee Manmohan who spoke on the topic of Commitment and Fidelity. Here are some key pointers from her talk:
- There can be infidelity in relationships other than romantic ones; such as in your relationship with god, friends and your parents.
- Ways to encourage fidelity in your relationships:
- -Romantic Relationships: encourage a relationship with God in your relationship, respect each other boundaries
- -Relationship with God: a most important; listen to him and do as he says as he will be your guide eg. Abraham and Sarah
- -Friendships: no gossiping, be honest with one another, respect their boundaries
- -Yours and your Parents Relationship: following the rules; helping them when necessary; be truthful; don’t disobey them.
The 2nd guest speaker was Ms. Monica Joseph, who spoke on the topic of Modesty. Here are some of the things she pointed out:
- Women set the standard in society
- How do you set the standard? : Dress well; because you are judged when you dress inappropriately
- Modesty demands respect
- Dress to Dignity- If you can see your self worth then you will dress according to your self worth.
- We need to take responsibility in how we behave and how we dress
- A woman is the strongest force in nature when she knows who she is and what they want to so
The 3rd speaker was Ms. Laeticia Devauz who spoke about Love and God. Some key elements mentioned during the discussion with her were:
- Love is selflessness
- Know who you are and what you want
- Love is sacrifice
- Love in friendship is being there for them even when you are struggling.
- God loves unconditionally
- We were created with a purpose; but God is the only one who knows that purpose
After lunch the girls had a Eucharistic Adoration to end of the day of Lenten Reflection and Prayer. Here are some photos of what took place: